Born in Switzerland, Robin De Haas is a prize-winner in both singing and academics. When he began his singing studies, he immediately obtained a scholarship and perfected his skills with several teachers in Europe and the United States.
Attracted by the pedagogy, he started the “Diploma of teaching of singing” at the Haute École de musique de Lausanne, which he finished with a prize for his diploma work “Lyric singing versus modern singing, two worlds that everything opposes?”
It was during his research for the methodology and pedagogy modules that he met Lynn Martin, professor of Breathing Coordination and Functional Anatomy at NYU (New York University) and various professors specialised in vocal technique for both modern music and lyrical singing.
These encounters were the beginning of a fruitful collaboration aimed at releasing accessory tensions and realizing vocal and artistic potential.
Robin is regularly invited to teach at numerous art schools, including the Sarah Lawrence College of Arts, the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts, and the Manhattan School of Music.
In 2022, the film « The Path of the Voice” is released in Switzerland and around the world. The film tells the story of Robin’s life and career.
Diplomas and titles
- Diploma in teaching opera singing, HEM Lausanne
- Personal assistant to Lynn Martin, professor at New York University
- Speech Level Singing Level 2 Certificates, Los Angeles
- Merit Scholarship (Deribeaupierre) for vocal studies
- Dissertation Award for Research in Methodology and Pedagogy
- Member of the Advisory Board of the “Requiem Project”, an international artistic consortium.